Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
You would like
Admire the Scala Santa
Visit the Catacombs
Visit the oldest church in the world
Visits brimming with Christian history
Essential information *
* All details will be sent to you upon reservation.
Duration 3 hours
Starting time 2:00 PM , 2:30 PM
Take this tour and immerse yourself in the history of Christianity!
- The Basilica of St Mary Major, with its magnificent mosaics and relics of the Holy Crib
- The Lateran Basilica, the cathedral of Rome whose bishop is the Pope, considered the 'mother' of churches
- The Scala Santa (Holy Stair) brought to Rome from Jerusalem, which Christ climbed on the way to his trial at Pontius Pilate's praetorium
- The Catacombs, ancient underground cemeteries, roughly 120m in length
- The Via Appia Antica, dating from 312 BC
Accompanied by your guide, you will learn more on Chritian Rome's monuments!
Good to know
- Availability (excluding exceptional dates)
In Summer: Friday, Saturday.
In Winter: Friday and Saturday
- Departure point: Via Carlo Alberto
- You are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- You are asked not to wear flip-flops, shorts, skirts falling above the knee or sleeveless tops, out of respect for the religious nature of the sites you will visit.
- Your guide will speak one or two languages, depending on the group members' nationalities. You will have access to an audioguide with commentary in the language of your choice
- Please note that from November until March, only the English tour is guaranteed to take place. For the other languages, the availability will depend on the number of participants
- Visit to the Basilica of St Mary Major and the Lateran Basilica
- Visit to the Scala Santa
- Visit to the Catacombs
- Commentaries of a guide
- The headphones for listening to the guide and their commentaries
Price doesn’t include
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any other extras